Friday, April 3, 2009

G is for being a Girl


I have been teased throughout my life for various girly habits I possess, such as fretting over breaking a nail or checking my make-up and reapplying lip gloss.




As most of my friends know, my father has been a licensed cosmetologist since before I was born, which means that I have spent a lot of time around professional hair dressers, manicurists, estheticians, make-up artists, you get the idea.

So, as I say, "It's not my fault I've been getting manicures since I was three!" (Which is true, by the way. I was three-years-old.)

And despite whatever teasing there may be, my philosophy has always been and will always be what a Hallmark card I have says:

People say high maintenance like it's a bad thing.

But I say, let's consider the results.

(and who doesn't love a little Anne Taintor?)

No comments:

Post a Comment