Wednesday, April 1, 2009

D is for Dance! (and Disneyland! duh.)


In the second grade I began asking my mother to put me in dance classes. I distinctly remember taking home a flier from school for a community dance program. It took four years for it to happen. Sadly for you, my faithful reader, I have no copies of my embarassing early dance portraits to post. My dance training has since included ballet, tap, jazz, modern, choreography, African-Caribbean, and my all-time favorite, Irish. I have never loved doing anything as much as I love to Irish dance. I only agreed to take the class as a last resort elective and found an incredible new world of dance and fantastic friends, even in my teacher!
I quickly learned that I shared with this teacher a love of Disneyland that is practically unspeakable, particularly to anyone who does not know what it is like growing up in SoCal with the opportunity to enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth with any regularity. However, I also share this fanatical love with this lovely lady, my friend VolleyGirl:

who oh-so-generously took me there for a fabulous 3-day trip as a college graduation present. Oh don't worry, I do love her and know what an amazing friend she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment