Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We interrupt this irregularly scheduled blog....

Hello my few fans! Apologies for the delay in updates. As I informed my lovely sis earlier, having lost my laptop to a slow and painful end and working two jobs does not afford me much free time.


But I digress. This post has nothing to do with my alphabet of favorites or my inconsistent postings, but rather...


Fireflies


Last night I saw my first beautiful little fireflies flitting around the backyard. Fireflies, which are apparently known in this region of the country exclusively as "Lightning Bugs" are magical little creatures. They look like any garden variety insect in the daylight (or indoor lighting as the case may be) but once the sun goes down they are spectacular. That is when their magical dance begins.
No two fireflies flash their 'bulbs' in the same rhythmic pattern. That is how they attract a mate. Intéressant, non ?

No comments:

Post a Comment