When I began college I was certain that my dream career was interior design. A year and a half later I discovered that nothing could be further from the truth. This prompted an exploration into my aptitudes and talents that led me to musuem curation. Thanks to the help of the great staff in my university's career center and a fabulous aunt (everyone should have at least one) I realized that musuem curation was the perfect job for me because it allowed me to do things I love like travel and look at fantastic art everyday up-close. Thus began my studies in Art History. Having studied art my entire life through attendance at only art schools prior to college (Zamorano Fine Arts Academy, San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts), this was not a foreign exploration but my knowledge, love, and respect for the subject reached a much deeper level than ever before. Thanks to one particularly outstanding professor (Thanks Dr. O'Brien!) I learned that my favorite period in art history is the modern movement. It includes such masterworks as these:
Paul Cezanne's Still Life with Basket of Apples
Wassily Kandisnky's Composition VII
Georges Seurat's A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte
Pablo Picasso's Ma Jolie
Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night
No comments:
Post a Comment